Photos courtesy of Columbia, Penn and Princeton Athletic Communications
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Princeton senior outfielder Marissa Reynolds, Penn senior pitcher Alexis Sargent and Columbia freshman pitcher Madison Canby were named the Player, Pitcher and Rookie of the Week, respectively.
- Penn claims the Ivy League's top mark at 9-8 thus far. The Quakers are the lone Ivy to sit above .500 heading into Ancient Eight play this weekend.
- Princeton's Erica Nori tossed a seven-inning no-hitter for the Tigers on March 18 vs. North Dakota. The performance was Princeton's first no-hitter in 11 seasons.
- Penn's Alexis Sargent owns a League-high five wins thus far and paces the Ancient Eight with 60 strikeouts.
- Harvard's Kathleen Duncan has accumulated a League-best three saves this season.
- Penn's Courtney Cuzick (1.67 ERA) and Sargent (2.27 ERA) each claim a sub-2.50 ERA. Columbia's Erin Gallo (2.78 ERA) and Harvard's Sarah Smith (2.90 ERA) have accumulated sub-3.00 marks.
- Columbia's Madison Gott leads all Ivies with five home runs, while Penn's Sarah Cwiertnia claims a conference-high 18 RBIs—four ahead of Gott's 14.
- Penn's Leah Allen has accumulated a League-best 12 runs scored and nine stolen bases.
- With a .471 mark in 34 at-bats, Princeton's Marissa Reynolds leads all Ivies in batting average. She also owns an Ivy-best .600 on-base percentage and .971 slugging percentage.
- Ivy League play gets underway this weekend, with 12-of-16 games to be broadcast on the Ivy League Digital Network (ILDN).
Tuesday, March 28
Holy Cross at Harvard, 3 pm [ILDN] [FB Live]
Wednesday, March 29
Hartford at Brown, 2 pm
Hartford at Brown, 4 pm
Friday, March 31
Brown at Princeton, 2 pm [ILDN]
Harvard at Penn, 2 pm [ILDN]
Yale at Cornell, 2 pm [ILDN]
Dartmouth at Columbia, 2 pm
Brown at Princeton, 4 pm [ILDN]
Harvard at Penn, 4 pm [ILDN]
Yale at Cornell, 4 pm [ILDN]
Dartmouth at Columbia, 4 pm
Saturday, April 1
Yale at Princeton, 12:30 pm [ILDN]
Brown at Cornell, 12:30 pm [ILDN]
Harvard at Columbia, 12:30 pm
Dartmouth at Penn, 12:30 pm [ILDN]
Yale at Princeton, 2:30 pm [ILDN]
Brown at Cornell, 2:30 pm [ILDN]
Harvard at Columbia, 2:30 pm
Dartmouth at Penn, 2:30 pm [ILDN]
ILDN-Broadcast on The Ivy League Digital Network
FB Live-Broadcast on Facebook Live
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Princeton senior outfielder Marissa Reynolds (Chehalis, Wash.) hit .526 and slugged .895 as the Tigers went 4-6 over a weeklong 10-game stretch.
The Chehalis, Wash., native tallied four doubles and a home run, while scoring five runs and plating four more. Reynolds also drew nine walks and a hit-by-pitch to post a .690 OBP. Her best performance was a 3-for-3 effort against Binghamton on March 25 that included two doubles, a run scored, an RBI and a walk.
Reynolds is the second-straight Princeton student-athlete to be named Player of the Week after a two-year hiatus from March 3, 2015 to March 20, 2017.
Reynold's Statistics for the Week
10 G, .526 (10-for-19), 5 R, 4 2B, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 9 BB, .690 OBP, .895 SLG
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Penn senior pitcher Alexis Sargent (Alexandria, Va.) threw three complete games en route to a 2-1 record for the Quakers.
The Alexandria, Va., product posted a 1.33 ERA in three starts, tossing 21 innings and allowing just four earned runs. Sargent conceded 16 hits and four walks, while striking out 26 on the week. The senior registered back-to-back 10-strikeout performances on March 25 against Iona and on March 26 against Rider.
Sargent, who also hit .353 with three runs scored, earns her second Pitcher of the Week nod this season. She was previously recognized on March 6.
Sargent's Statistics for the Week
3 APP, 3 GS, 2-1, 3 CG, 21.0 IP, 16 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 26 K, 1.33 ERA
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
Columbia freshman pitcher Madison Canby (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) had a hand in both Lion wins against Monmouth on March 24.
The Pembroke Pines, Fla., product tossed a six-inning complete game to opener the doubleheader—allowing one earned run on four hits. Canby then sealed the doubleheader sweep with 2 2/3 scoreless innings in the nightcap. On the week, Canby struck out seven while conceding six hits and four walks. She earned a win and a save while posting a .81 ERA.
Canby is the second-straight Columbia student-athlete to be named Rookie of the Week.
Canby's Statistics for the Week
2 APP, 1 GS, 1-0, 1 CG, 1 SV, 8.2 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 7 K, .81 ERA
Grayson Metzger, Brown (Jr., OF – Severna Park, Md.)
4 G, .600 (6-for-10), 2 R, 2 2B, 5 RBI, .545 OBP, .800 SLG
Katie Orona, Brown (Jr., P – Pueblo, Colo.)
2 APP, 1 GS, 2-0, 1 CG, 13.2 IP, 12 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 13 K, 1.02 ERA
Kerry Cook, Columbia (Sr., 1B – El Segundo, Calif.)
2 G, .571 (4-for-7), 1 R, 3 2B, 4 RBI, .571 OBP, 1.000 SLG
Olivia Parker, Columbia (Jr., OF – Ankeny, Iowa)
2 G, .667 (2-for-3), 4 R, 2 BB, .800 OBP, .667 SLG
Maddie Orcutt, Cornell (Jr., P – Lexington, Mass.)
2 APP, 1 GS, 1-0, 1 CG, 10.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 8 BB, 10 K, 1.40 ERA
Bridgette Rooney, Cornell (Fr., IF – Hopewell Junction, N.Y.)
Chloe Madill, Dartmouth (Sr., SS – Goleta, Calif.)
7 G, .400 (6-for-15), 3 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 5 RBI, .526 OBP, .667 SLG
Sarah Cwiertnia, Penn (So., IF – Villa Park, Calif.)
7 G, .435 (10-for-23), 5 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 8 RBI, 1 BB, 1 SB, .440 OBP, .609 SLG
Megan Donahey, Princeton (Fr., OF – Phoenix, Ariz.)
10 G, .351 (13-for-37), 7 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 4 BB, 1 SB, .415 OBP, .378 SLG
Erica Nori, Princeton (Sr., P – Weston, Fla.)
4 APP, 3 GS, 2-0, 22.2 IP, 14 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 11 BB, 18 K, .93 ERA
Lindsay Efflandt, Yale (Sr., P – Cary, Ill.)
2 APP, 1 GS, 1-0, 1 CG, 1 SV, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K, .70 ERA
Camille Weisenbach, Yale (Sr., OF/C – Bothell, Wash.)
4 G, .571 (8-for-14), 2 R, 1 2B, 4 RBI, 1 SB, .571 OBP, .643 SLG